The Ericsson SmartEdge Multi-Service Edge Routers have been specifically designed and optimized to deliver carrier-class services such as video, voice, data and interactive content delivery. It consolidates and simplifies the edge of the service provider’s network by converging Ethernet aggregation, B-RAS and IP/MPLS PE functionalities onto a single compact platform.
The award-winning SmartEdge Multi-Service Edge Router (MSER) family unifies multiple sets of functionality into a single, multi-functional platform that includes edge routing, Ethernet aggregation, subscriber management, and advanced services. These services are offered with carrier-class reliability, scalability and performance. The MSER family of products also has minimal power requirements.
Some key features and characteristics include:
- Support for a comprehensive range of interior and exterior gateway-routing protocols and high-performance multicast routing with predictable and sustained performance.
- Suitable for deployment in peering, edge-aggregation and services-routing applications where high-performance IP routing is an absolute requirement.
- Delivers advanced traffic management with hierarchical quality of service (H-QoS), comprehensive traffic shaping, and subscriber management.
- Can be directly connected to an access layer of the network, such as a DSLAM. This eliminates unnecessary network layers and reduces complexity.
- Support for up to 256,000 subscribers per physical device using all methods of subscriber encapsulation for DHCP or IP-access clients, including PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE).
The SmartEdge 100 integrates high-performance edge routing and advanced subscriber management capabilities into a compact and flexible multi-service edge router. It is suitable for deployment in smaller network environments with fewer subscribers or ports.
The SmartEdge 600 MSER consolidates and simplifies the network edge, allowing operators to accommodate more bandwidth, traffic and subscribers.
The SmartEdge 1200 MSER is a highly scalable platform specifically designed to address the requirements of large networks that support large volumes of traffic. For maximum throughput, it supports 20G card slots. For additional traffic processing, it can also support 40G card slots (2:1 oversubscribed). In addition, it can support up to 256,000 PPP or DHCP subscribers in one chassis in 1/3 of a 7 ft. rack.
The SmartEdge 1200 MSER paves the way for fixed-mobile convergence, supporting more than 750,000 subscribers per rack and facilitating the delivery of IPTV, HDTV, broadband and megabit mobility.
The SmartEdge platform has been specifically designed and optimized to deliver carrier-class services such as video, voice, data and interactive content delivery. It consolidates and simplifies the edge of the service provider’s network by converging Ethernet aggregation, B-RAS and IP/MPLS PE functionalities onto a single compact platform.
The advanced features of the SmartEdge MSER enable efficient operation of the network and include dynamic bandwidth provisioning, traffic management, minimization of network downtime, and allocation of the right levels of QoS per user, per application.
SmartEdge MSER operates at the edge of the IP backbone, delivering traffic-intensive applications such as video (HDTV) and broadband mobility. In short, it enables service providers to offer lucrative applications via Full-Service Broadband.
Converging fixed and wireless networks create a world in which any network can deliver any service to any internet-enabled device, accelerating the delivery of new services and increasing scalability to meet customer needs.
Flexible and Reliable
The broadband router products are designed with flexibility and reliability in mind:
- Innovative, carrier-proven, multi-service edge routing
- Future-proof software architecture and ASICs
- Industry-leading scalability and QoS control
- Ultra-efficient, low-carbon footprint platforms